Sunday, May 6, 2012

Just thinking

I was praying and searching for guidance in the word during the last couple of nights.  I came across Psalm 16:11 "You will make known to me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; In Your right hand there are pleasures forever."  That spoke to my heart and I have been meditating on it.  I have actually left my bible open to that page for the last two days and have reviewed that verse each time I picked up my bible.  That is one of the verses on the study guide that was handed out in church today.  God is good!!  He knows what I need.  I have also been thinking of the verses I stood on for our first adoption; Jeremiah 29:11-13 "11For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.  12Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.  13You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart."  Those verses always bring me comfort.  Lots of people remember verse 11 and know that God has good plans for us all.  But I want to remember all of them.  The seeking and finding part actually needs to come before the plans for welfare and good come to fruition.


People have been asking what my specific prayer needs are so I will share them here:


1.  Pray that the child God has specifically handpicked to be placed in our family will be presented to me as a referral.  I could bring so many of these kids home with me, but it is only with God's intervention that it will work as He intends for a new member to fit within our family.


2.  Pray for God's favor as we proceed through this process.  The bureaucracy in adoption is intense.  We got caught up in some bureaucracy with our last adoption that delayed our trip home by a couple of weeks.  Since we are already two weeks in and I still don't have a successful referral, I really need for the rest of the process to move smoothly.


3.  Pray for the child that God has for us.  Pray that the child will know in his or her heart that I am the mother for him or her and that our family is where he or she belongs.


4.  Pray for my family as they are finishing remodeling the room and getting it ready for our new family member to make their own.


5.  Pray for finances.  I brought what I thought would be enough money for a normal process, but if this hangs on and I am delayed I don't know how much it will increase my expenses.  I am good on money right now so I am not sweating it too much.  But that is a concern I will have to consider as we continue through this process.  The God we serve can feed five thousand men and their families with only 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish with baskets of leftovers, He can stretch the money I have to make it through this adoption.


No comments:

Post a Comment