Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Introducing.....


Michael Christian Tygart (Misha - pronounced Meesha- for short) is the newest member of our family!!!  His Ukrainian name is translated to Michael, so it will be the same name his birth mother gave him.  We gave him his middle and, of course, his last name.

Court lasted only about 10 minutes as the judge was late and in a hurry to get through her cases.  She had only a few questions, the social workers all agreed that adoption was what Misha wanted and what was best for him.  The court had no objections so it was all done in just a matter of minutes.  My translator's short version was " Do you....?  Do you....? OK, Done."

Now we are on our 10-day wait.  That is 10 business days to wait when no adoption business can be done.   The purpose of this wait is to give an orphan's Ukrainian family a chance to step up and oppose the adoption.  We know that Misha does not have any family left who can contest the adoption, but the laws are the laws.  After the waiting period has passed we will have a mad dash to get everything done so we can go home.  It is looking like we will either be home the end of the week beginning June 10th or the first part of the week of June 17th.

I now get to visit with Misha each day again.  We are hoping he will be able to visit the center where I am staying some on the weekends, which will give me more time to have some fun and continue to strengthen our relationship.  The kids from the center where I am staying will be going bowling on Friday and I think it would be wonderful if Misha could come over and we could go bowling with them.

6 comments:

  1. V&V.. Congratulations for your successful court. It is a life-changing day and we still celebrate our court-day every year. Congratulations to Misha also. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alan. It will always be a special day for us too. I appreciate your support and encouragement.

      Delete
  2. Yeah he is not taller than everyone else in your family... hehehe What a fine looking young man, he should be proud to become part of the Tygart family. I an excited to see how GOD uses him later in life. No get done and come HOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very happy for Misha. He is such a precious child! Our prayers for him were heard and answered! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Vicky! We are from Jackson, MS and heard about you through several people. It has been a blessing to read your blog and we have prayed for y'all. I am so happy and thankful for Misha and wish you safe travels home. We are also in the process to adopt from Ukraine and hope to go late this summer. hope to meet you eventually. peace and blessings to your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Helen. I would love to meet you. I think I met your husband Scott at the Loecher's house at a party for adoptive families. If I recall correctly, he spent a good bit of time talking to my son Josh. You will have to keep me updated on how your adoption process is coming along and when you will be in Ukraine. I will send a few prayers up for you and your family as you proceed through this process!!

      Delete