Saturday, June 2, 2012

Having a great time

Things are going very well here.  I still go visit Misha at the orphanage during the week and he spends the weekends at the center.  Misha is working on learning English each day that he is with me at the center.  He even asks to work on English before having to be told.  It is so sweet to see him trying so hard too.  He gets frustrated sometimes when the Rosetta Stone isn't understanding what he is saying but he just keeps on trying.  He told a girl here who speaks English that he is remembering what he learns and he definitely wants me to teach him more.  He is a very sweet boy.


Yesterday we went bowling.  It was so much fun.  There were several kids from the center, a couple of the ladies who work with the kids, one of the lady's daughter-in-law and granddaughter, and myself.  We had a great time.  I think the kids really enjoyed the outing.  There was lots of applause and encouragement being passed around.  They weren't as competitive as most of the groups I have been bowling with, which made it so much more fun.


I went shopping today with Misha and some other kids from the center.  Misha has a birthday coming up next weekend and I needed to buy him a birthday present.  He was very excited to get to go shopping and choose his gifts.  He was very appreciative and asked the girl who was translating for us to tell me that he appreciated it very, very, very much!!!  It was so sweet. 


The weather was beautiful this morning but it came a rain storm this afternoon.  I ended up with a headache from the weather by evening.  It is now just past midnight so I think I will call it a day!!  


Thank you all for your encouraging words, they are a blessing to me.

1 comment:

  1. Still thinking of you guys daily. Checking this blog often. So glad you are so near to coming home! We came home June 18... And we had an appointment with SDA on April 25 I believe. So you are very close to what our schedule was, even though you had a two week setback in the beginning.

    Hang in there!


    Jim

    ReplyDelete