This weekend will be Misha's 15th birthday. We are having a party for him on Saturday here at the center where I am staying. On Sunday we are giving him a going away party with his group at the orphanage. He should have a great weekend to remember for his last weekend as a resident of Ukraine!!
Vanya told me today that our court decree will be ready to pick up on Monday morning. We are hoping to be able to go from there to the city where Misha was born to get his birth certificate. I am thinking we should be able to check Misha out of the orphanage on Monday after we get the court decree. If we can get the birth certificate done on Monday we should be able to get his passport on Tuesday and go to Kiev on the overnight train that night. We will spend Wednesday getting his medical and applying for his visa. We should be able to pick up his visa on Thursday and hopefully fly home on Friday. It would be wonderful for Misha to be home to to spend Father's Day with his Dad!!
1. Please pray that we can get the birth certificate on Monday. The birth certificate office is not supposed to work on birth certificates that day but since the lady will be in the office we are hoping she will do it for us. The whole rest of our plans hinge on getting the birth certificate done that day.
2. Please pray that we will successfully get the one day passport completed early enough on Tuesday to catch the train to Kiev on Tuesday night. It leaves Donetsk at 3:00 in the afternoon.
3. Please pray that we will be able to get everything done for the medical and at the embassy in order to be able to fly on Friday.
4. Please pray that there will be two tickets available on the same planes for us to go home on Friday. Some people have to stay in Kiev longer than necessary for the adoption because they can't get tickets to America.
5. Please pray that Misha will be able to take it all in stride. This will be his first trip like this.
Thank you all so much for your prayers and your support. I can't wait to get home and those of you who are local get to meet Misha!!! I will keep you posted as we continue through our last days here, if I have access to internet and can do so.