Sunday, June 17, 2012

We are in Kiev

Leaving Mariupol on Friday we ran into some bad storms in the Donetsk area.  It took us a while to get out of the station there and we made several stops along the way.  It is a 17-hour train ride from Mariupol to Kiev.  We are glad to have that part of the trip behind us and have settled in here in Kiev.  The apartment we are staying in is fantastic!!!  There is a good grocery store within walking distance.  Tonight we had pizza from a place around the corner that was really good.  All-in-all things are going very well now.  


Vanya has not yet been able to get the passport.  He is supposed to get it tomorrow and travel here to Kiev so we can finish our process on Tuesday and Wednesday.  He has to ride on the same train we rode on to get here.  We will then be ready to fly home on Thursday.  I really can't wait to get home.  I miss my family so much and I can't wait to get home to see them.


I hope everybody is having a great Father's Day.  I have been blessed with the man God gave me to share my life and my children with.  He is a great husband and a great father.  I only wish I were there to tell him that in person on Father's Day.  Oh well.... We will have to celebrate all of our holidays we have missed when everybody gets home.


Be blessed.

3 comments:

  1. I have to ask if the pizza place is Chilantano's? That is GREAT pizza!! We could purchase 3 pizzas with numerous toppings and bottled water for 6 people for $8-$9. It is very different from American pizza and very good!!
    Enjoy the time and we're counting down the days with you! Looking forward to the "We're Home!!!" post WITH photos :) Coming soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying your process continues smoothly and you are home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are getting ready for your return!

    ReplyDelete